Just thinking; Why do I have a Peace of Mind? How do I normally maintain a Peace of Mind?
Was thinking today of my normal composure even when there is a storm around me. Usually, if you look across at me from the table or the room, you would see a calm, composed individual. I am not pretending; I really surprise myself at times.
When others expect me to be heavy-hearted, I am light-hearted, skipping along my way, when others expect me to be disturbed, I am quietly comforted, when others expect me to be angry, I am feeling sad about their current situation. It goes on and one and the questions is “How come?”
Let me hasten to say, I am not always at peace, there are things that momentarily disturb my peace at times; living down here does not permit us to escape challenges and storms, but still there is peace.
Here are some reasons why I am able to enjoy peace of heart and peace of mind most times;
- I practice thinking good about others – No Malice – Daily, I chase the malicious, negative and destructive thoughts of others from my mind. I believe everyone has good qualities and bad qualities but, overall, they are precious and special human beings, loved by an Amazing God who is in the business of patiently working on all of us. So even though you may have done something I dislike or sincerely despise, I still see you as somebody.
- I manage my perceptions of people as perceptions only; often, what seems to be, is not. The worse thing I could do is assume what someone else is thinking or doing when I have no proof whatsoever. I firmly believe in thinking the best of others.
- I seek to be kind and pleasant to people even though they are not kind and pleasant towards me. Why? It is the right thing to do and it makes me feel really cool inside.
- I constantly remind myself that I am alive to fulfill a divine purpose and being an agent of confusion, war and slandering, is not part of my divine purpose. I am hear win others to Christ, not to chase them away.
- I embrace conflict not as a fight but a way towards resolving a problem and improving relationships. Consequently, forever is not too long to work on a relationship.
- I purposely present a peaceful approach when individuals come to me and complain about others; I seek to present an objective view, helping them to think soberly.
- I am connected to the Prince of Peace and we speak daily. This peace that I experience daily, is not of my own, it is because of the influence of God on my life. God represents truth, joy and love, three qualities that would bring you peace. I try listening to his voice, I really try.
- I examine myself daily, acknowledge and confess wrongs and weaknesses.
That’s it! That’s how I embrace peace 😊.